DRYER VENT CLEANING
- NComplete dryer vent clean out
- NBird nest removal
- NDryer vent repair and re-routing
- NOutside vent cover replacement
- NYearly dryer vent maintenance
DRYER VENT/CHIMNEY CLEANING
SIGNS OF A CLOGGED VENT
- ZDrying time. Lack of the air flow from the dryer machine will result in increasing of drying time. The normal drying time is between 40 and 60 minutes, of course, depends on your load. If you notice that it start taking more the an hour or the clothes are still wet after 1 drying cycle – then it’s time to get your dryer vent cleaned.
- ZOutside cover. Every once in a while you should check your outside dryer vent cover. Visually inspect it and see if the outside exhaust vent opens at lest 45 degrees while the dryer is on. You can also check if there is a bird nest inside of the line.
- ZBack of the dryer. If the dryer vent needs cleaning and has not enough air flow the back of the dryer machine will get unusually hot. As the result, burnt smell is evident in the laundry room.
- ZSmell. Clogged dryer vent can result in collecting water in the line or/and the dryer machine. You can notice a Moldy or Mildewy smell in the laundry room.
DRYER VENT CLEANING PROCESS
We start with inspecting the dryer machine, back to wall connection and outside exhaust cover. At this steps we determine which way of cleaning will be the best.
After inspection is done we will start cleaning the dryer vent line using powerful negative suction and special spinning brush.
3Repairs if needed.
Sometimes repairs needed when performing dryer vent cleaning like replacing connection houses or reconnecting parts of the line. We also can disinfect the duct if mold was detected.
4Dryer machine cleaning.
Excessive amount of lint inside of the dryer can also cause a fire and effect the working condition.
At this steps we will make sure the dryer machine is working properly and it has enough air flow.
DRYER VENT CLEANING BENEFITS
According to National Fire Protection Association, in 2010-2014, U.S. fire departments responded to an estimated average of 15,970 home structure fires involving clothes dryers. So Thorough dryer vent cleaning in Virginia Beach is the best way to prevent one in your home.
2Improve Lifespan of Dryer.
The culprit of mechanical breakdowns and malfunctioning are due to the accumulation of lint and other residues in duct and dryer machine.
3Eradicate Mold & Mildew.
Mold and mildew can be noticed in laundry rooms if dryer vent is fully clogged with lint. ProTouch dryer vent cleaning service will free your vents of obstructions, as the result, allowing moisture to be fully vented from your dryer and laundry area.
4Clothes Dry In Less Time.
Clogged dryer vent will increase drying times. Regular cleaning can bring drying times back to normal.
5Save On Energy Spending.
Since a contaminated vent can make your dryer run longer than it should, it can cause an increase in energy bills. Cleaning a dryer vent will deliver a better functioning dryer, as well as an improvement in energy costs.
6Decrease Dryer Breakdowns.
As stated before, lint and other debris can really affect the performance of a dryer, which is why dryer vent cleaning is very crucial.